How could I not share this with you today?!
If I'm honest pancakes form a staple part of our weekly diet...we indulge in them now most weekends, with lashings of peanut butter, honey, fruit & coconut yogurt (much like the granola - any excuse for added sweetness!).
Below is the recipe for super simple American style fluffy vegan banana pancakes - enjoy!
- 1 Banana (ripe - can add an extra half for more of a banana flavour)
- Third of a cup of flour (wholemeal, or any flour really)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 cup mylk (almond, soy, oat, whatever you prefer)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp oil (coconut, olive, veggie - your fave)
- Add ingredients to blender & blend into a mixture - check the consistency is not too thick, add more mylk or flour to thin/thicken accordingly.
- Heat a non stick frying pan on low heat.
- Pour a small amount of the mixture into the pan and cover with a lid.
- When the edges start to go crispy/bubbles start to appear in the top of the batter flip to the other side using a spatula.
- Cook both sides evenly and add with your fave toppings- classic lemon & sugar never goes amiss!
Happy Pancake Day - enjoy and don't forget to share/tag us in any pics if you give it a go - we'd love to see your pancake stacks :)