Good morning, sunshine!
Fast, easy & cheaper than any store bought granola -
a little post to share with you a super simple and delicious recipe which has fast become part of my Sunday afternoon ritual. Making a big jar of this to see me through the week makes breakfast even more enjoyable/something to really look forward to!
4 cups oats (I like the organic rolled oats from Aldi)
1 bag chopped mixed nuts (roughly 200g)
1 bag mixed seeds (again roughly 200g)
Honey/ agave syrup/ maple syrup (about half a little bottle)
Pinch of salt
As you can tell I'm not strict with these at all...add a little extra of your fave things, experiment, don't worry so much about exact quantities!
1. Add all of the dry ingredients except the coconut & raisins into a bowl and stir to mix.
2. Slowly stir in the honey.
3. Line baking trays with foil/non stick baking paper & spoon mixture onto trays evenly.
4. Bake at 150 for around 30 mins, checking every 10-15 mins. If you like clusters avoid turning the mixture much at all, just make sure it doesn't burn!
5. Leave to cool and pour back into bowl to mix in fruit, coconut flakes & cacao nibs before pouring into an air tight container to enjoy in the coming days.
6. Recommended toppings (after drowning it in almond milk, obvs): coconut yogurt & blueberries with cinnamon (pictured), any kind of fresh fruit or a bit of peanut butter if you're feeling extravagant!
This is such an easy to tailor method - play around with which sweeteners and fruits you prefer! If you like your granola a golden brown then cook a little longer, although I feel as though this potentially looses some of the flavor.
It generally stays fresh for up to a week (if you can keep it that long) and the only way I managed to make this taste not so amazing was when I sprinkled protein powder in the mix (all about those #gains)... and even then with adequate milk it still tasted pretty good!
Have a go and let me know what you think - I'd love to see your brekkie creations.